High school students planning to graduate from Maranatha Virtual Academy after August 30, 2013, must have passing grades for the following coursework:
- Bible (1 credit for each year of full-time enrollment as a junior or senior)
- English (4 credits)
- History & Social Studies (3 credits, including U.S. History, World History/Studies, and Government)
- Mathematics (3 credits, including Algebra I or above)
- Science (3 credits—including at least one credit in a physical science course and one in a life science course)
- Technology & Computer Science (1 credit)
- Physical Education (1/2 credit)
To graduate, students must have passing grades in a total of 24 credits of high school coursework. One credit = two semesters of passing work.
Parents of full-time MVA freshmen or sophomores are encouraged to include a structured Bible curriculum as part of their children’s education. Full-time MVA juniors and seniors can meet their Bible course requirement by taking college-level Bible courses online for dual credit.